Harry Potter Studio tour and
Windsor, the greatest Castle in England
This tour is a must for royal enthusiasts. Enjoy a private guided tour inside Windsor Castle, the oldest and largest continuously-inhabited castle in the world. Tour the opulent State Apartments along with St. George's Chapel, the last resting place of royalty. See Queen Mary's Dolls House - perfect in every detail, with scale bottles of vintage wine, electric lighting and running water.
Head into the countryside and stop at a Thameside pub for lunch before heading to Harry Potter's Studio tour: The Making of Harry Potter.
The Warner Bros. Studio Tour London provides an amazing new opportunity to explore the magic of the Harry Potter films – the most successful movie series of all time. This unique walking tour takes you behind-the-scenes and showcases an array of beautiful sets, costumes and props. It also reveals some closely guarded special effects secrets, including facts about the animatronics that made these films so hugely popular all over the world.
Here are just some of the things you can expect to see and do:
• Step inside the real Great Hall with york stone floors and see the solid oak and pine tables aged with axes and chains.
• Explore Dumbledore’s office and discover never-before-seen treasures.
• Step onto the famous cobblestones of Diagon Alley, featuring the shop fronts of Ollivanders wand shop, Flourish and Blotts, the Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, Gringotts Wizarding Bank and Eeylops Owl Emporium.
• See props from the films, including Harry’s Nimbus 2000 and Hagrid’s motorcycle.
• Learn how creatures were brought to life with green screen effects, animatronics and life-sized models.
• Rediscover other memorable sets from the film series, including the Gryffindor common room, the boys’ dormitory, Hagrid’s hut, Potion’s classroom and Professor Umbridge’s office at the Ministry of Magic.
• See the huge purple tripledecker that whizzed through the streets of London and much much more...
Please note: Luxury Vacations UK's Harry Potter Tours are not official 'Harry Potter' events and are not endorsed, sanctioned or in any other way supported, directly or indirectly by Warner Bros Entertainment Inc, the Harry Potter book publishers or J.K.Rowling and her representatives. All rights to the series of “Harry Potter” books are the property of J.K. Rowling and her publishers including Scholastic Press, et al. Film rights and image trademarks are the property of Warner Bros Entertainment Inc.
This tour can be paired with a 4 hour film location tour of London. Many Harry Potter movies feature real street scenes including the tripple decker bus scenes, the Cafe attack scenes and Platform nine and three quarters.